Saturday, June 6, 2009

Dan Starts A New Blog

Hi folks:

I've had some experience with blogging, having posted lots of blog entries during my travels. You can see them at: http://www.travelpod.com/members/wareameye. But those blogs relate day-to-day travel experiences, and are more factual than introspective.

I've set up this blog as a place to journal what's going on with me in my day-to-day life. It has been inspired by my good friend, Dan Orey, who recently started a blog to channel his feelings after having his administrative rights removed as a member of the Baha'i Community subsequent to marrying his life mate, Milton, in California. You can read Dan Orey's blog at: http://revolked2.blogspot.com/2009/05/welcome.html.

I was a very active Baha'i from 1970 to 1985, when my rights were also removed for a homosexuality that I could no longer successfully (or healthily) keep hidden in the camouflage of married life. My shame and remorse during that period took me down an ever more self-destructive path, but I am fortunate to have emerged a stronger, more centered and spiritually healthy person than when I was merely going through the motions of religious fervor.

Not everyone has been so lucky. I know many gay Baha'is who committed suicide, or died from drug overdoses or AIDS. That could have been my path too. As painful as my road has been, I would not change one thing because it has led me to where I am today -- and I am truly blessed with a full and rich life.

I'm happy to share with you here what I am learning about life as I toddle on down the road. I'm glad to be on the journey with you!

2 comments: